The Honeywell VK4100Q2011U gas solenoid valve is an indispensable part of the burner control and ignition system, providing reliable ignition, flame control and precise gas flow control for both the pilot and the main burner. This device includes the VK4100Q 2011U gas valve itself and a highly specialized ignition regulator that is connected to it.
The Honeywell VK4100Q2011B valve stands out for its standard body and has numerous settings, including:
- Precision pressure control using a servo drive.
- Regulation via the throttle valve.
- Smooth and safe ignition using SOFTLITE technology.
- Regulation of the mixture of gas and air in an ideal ratio of 1:1.
- Electronic two-level regulator for maximum efficiency.
- Flexible and smooth regulation with amplification for various control methods.
The VK4100Q 2011B gas regulator is equipped with two electrical devices: one for precise control of the main valve and the other for constant monitoring of its position.
This gas solenoid valve easily works with three different types of gases: heating, natural and liquefied.
- Compression fitting: 4 mm
- Back pressure: 1st valve: 50 mbar 2nd valve: 0 mbar
- Gas connection: Inlet: diameter 18.6mm Outlet: side outlet diameter 18.6 mm
- Inlet and outlet are suitable for flanged connection
- Screen: On the input side
- Pressure valve: Top for measuring inlet and outlet pressure
- Ambient temperature: -15 … 60°C
- Maximum inlet pressure: 60 mbar
- Control flow rate: 0.1 mph (min) of air at a pressure drop of 9 mbar
- Leakage requirements: According to EN126
- Performance (by air): 3.4 miles/3 mbar thermal pressure drop
- Maximum operating pressure: 50 mbar
- Softlite pressure: 5 mbar (-3.5/+0 after 1.5 sec.) adjustable
Standard operating conditions
- The ambient temperature is maintained at 20°C.
- The aperture has a size of 2.8 millimeters.
- Gas flow data is measured in cubic meters per hour for maximum accuracy.
- The nominal pressure of the inlet gas is 25 millibars with dry air and a stable temperature of 20°C.
- The ambient pressure remains at 1013 millibars, ensuring reliable operating conditions.
- The output pressure is recorded using a sensor connected to a pipe with a diameter of 1/2 inch, 10 times the diameter, through a short hose with a length equal to 5 pipe diameters.
- The Honeywell VK4100 Q 2011U gas valve operates at rated voltage and is installed in an upright position for the best performance.
The VK4100Q2011 gas solenoid valve combines all the safety and burner control functions in a single reliable system. The inlet and outlet of the valve have a diameter of 18.6 millimeters and are easily connected via flanges. Different models of this valve are available with different levels of closing force, such as B+J, B+ C, B+ B, to meet a variety of needs.
A built-in fine-mesh filter designed not for cleaning is installed at the inlet of the Honeywell VK4100Q 2011 gas regulator. If necessary, an additional output filter can be installed. There are holes in the lower part of the valve for secure attachment to the installation.
There are options for gas valves with side outlet for both the main and pilot burner. However, such a side outlet can only be used with a flanged burner manifold. In addition, there is a connection for pilot gas with a diameter of 4 mm at the outlet of the VK4100 Q 2011 gas regulator. It is also possible to install pressure measuring fittings using silicone tubes with a diameter of 4 or 6 mm.
There is a choice of different types of electrical connections, such as connecting to the ignition regulator via a connector or using a plug-in rectifier unit for standard DBI ignition systems. In addition, options for operation at a voltage of 24V are available for the best compatibility with various ignition regulators, with the exception of the S4565/S4585 series regulators, which makes it an ideal solution for the most stringent requirements.
The principle of operation
As for the principle of operation, VK4100 Q 2011B 6 gas solenoid valves use a unique system with positive feedback. This guarantees automatic closing of the main valve in case of power failure or excess gas pressure. The system includes a high-tech pressure servo controller and a pressure relief valve, which cooperate for the benefit of stable operation. When the power supply is supplied, the gas passes through the servo controller and opens the main valve. The system then maintains a constant pressure by regulating the operation of the main valve. This ensures a stable output pressure, even with changes in the input pressure, and emphasizes its reliability in operation.